Thursday, September 1, 2011

The idea I have for my first project is to create a character for a possible short animation piece. The character will be an armadillo personified as a football player. I was inspired by Hiroshi Hayakawa's animal kirigami armadillo, and watching my younger brother playing in his high school football game. I think there are great possibilities to combine the tough, 'head-smashing' attitude of the football player with the thick, stocky armor, and big claws of the armadillo. I may use this character to develop a short animation piece by the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a funny combination--I can really see the little guy trying to navigate the field with all this gear on... Next step is to draw like crazy! Start with armadillos (draw from videos to see the way they move) and draw a bunch of gestures of your little brother.

    ReplyDelete